Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Heart New York

After spending a week in Seattle I finally made it to New York!  The joys of flying stand-by are not joys anymore.  Every flight was over sold until Saturday, so I spent a lot of time lying on the couch catching up on tv, thanks Krista and Nathan for being such great hosts and letting me take over your space.  I got the last seat to Newark, spent 3 hours getting to Brooklyn, but I'm here!
Everyone's seen the t-shirt.  The "heart" is used for everything now a days-robots, vampires, bacon...whatever the latest craze is.  I believe New York was the first thing people hearted though.  I never know what to say when people ask me what it is about New York.  It's got great restaurants, bars, parks, music etc, but so does San Francisco, and Seattle for that matter.  There is just something about New York, a vibe, a feeling that you can't describe, you have to feel it.  That's why I'm here.  Getting on the subway and not having to ask for directions.  Walking to the East Village to have the best pizza on earth.  Entering an unmarked doorway to have a cocktail made just for you.  Laying in the grass at Central Park reading a book.  Bring.it.on.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment